1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13 Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be courageous; be strong. 14 Do everything in love.
As the Corinthians awaited Paul’s next visit, they were directed to:
(1) Be on their guard—they were to be constantly watchful or alert for spiritual enemies that might slip in and threaten to destroy them whether it be divisions, pride, sin, disorder, or erroneous theology
(2) Stand firm in what they believed—that is, the gospel that they had been taught in the beginning, the gospel that had brought them salvation
(3) Be courageous so that they could stand against false teachers, deal with sin in the congregation, and straighten out other problems
(4) Be strong, with the strength given by the Holy Spirit
(5) Do everything in love because without love, they would be no more than prideful noisemakers
Today, as we wait for the return of Christ, we should follow the same instructions.